This is based on a real conversation.
– Sandra, I can’ find happiness.
– There is no such thing.
– Excuse me?
– There is no such thing as “being happy”, as finding “happiness”.. your search will never end. What is “happy”? Is it wealth? Fame? A PHD?..
– Wait. Your definition of happiness could be different than mine.
– Exactly. That is why, next time you should try searching for peace of mind, peace of heart, serenity, life..etc. People waste their whole lives searching for happiness to die in disappointment. So my friend, let’s try searching for life among death, and for truth among lies. Happiness is boring; it’s the end of all roads.
Let’s just suppose, you meet that day, that glorious day where you find your “happiness”; then what? What’s next? What’s beyond that? What comes after that? What will you search for next? The happiness of others? That’s not how things work; in the books we read and the fairytales we live probably, but not here my friend..not on earth.
– Why do I have a feeling that this is going to be your next post on your blog?
(I draw an evil smile on my face…and..oh well..)
© Sandra Chami Kassis –, 2014 – 2017
مجلّة المرأة العصريّة
Grow through what you go through
I want to be rich. Rich in love, rich in health, rich in laughter, rich in adventure and rich in knowledge. You?
Tales of whimsy, humor and courgettes